Another Summer salad to add to my ever growing collection.. nothing better than a really good wholesome salad in the heat of Summer I reckon. Salad’s are so quick and easy, not to mention fresh and nutritious – it’s an easy way to get a dinner meal out of the way so you aren’t stuck in the kitchen for over an hour at the end of a busy day :)
– 1 can of lentils, drained and rinsed twice
– 2 good handfuls of baby spinach, rinsed
– 1/2 a spanish onion, sliced into thin wedges
– 1/2 a punnet of grape or cherry tomatos, sliced in half
– 1 small block of traditional haloumi, sliced into 5mm slices
– 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
– olive oil
– salt and pepper
1. Place the lentils, onion and tomatoes into a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and a good dash of olive oil and set aside.
2. Fry the haloumi until golden brown and a little bit crispy.
3. Add the haloumi and baby spinach and use your hands to toss.
4. Squeeze two lemon wedges over the top and serve immediately with more lemon wedges aside.
– Serves 4 as a side salad and 2 as a main meal. Great aside lamb seasoned with my middle eastern spice mix.