Carbonara is super quick, easy and delicious. However, it should only be a sometimes food.
– 3 eggs, and 2 egg yolks
– 90ml of pure cream
– 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
– 4 rashers of bacon, diced, sliced, or chopped.
– 2/3 cup + a lil bit more of a good quality parmesan cheese
– 2 lengths of spring onions, sliced
– salt and pepper
– pasta (what ever tickles your fancy.. penne, spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine, macaroni )
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
2. In a frying pan on a medium high heat, cook your bacon – then add your garlic and stir until just cooked. Turn the heat off.
3. In a bowl, add cream, eggs and egg yolk and season with freshly ground pepper – be careful adding extra salt at this stage as some Parmesan cheeses can be quite salty. Whisk with a fork until combined.
4. Drain the pasta quickly, and put the hot pasta in the frypan, pour the cream egg mixture over and toss thoroughly. The heat of the pasta should cook the eggs, and thicken the sauce a little.
5. Plate up, season with salt if necessary, sprinkle with parsley and spring onions, and a little cheese and serve immediately