In my latest fruit and vegetable delivery I recieved half a pumpkin. I don’t like pumpkin. Bart adores pumpkin. And curry. Pumpkin + Curry = pumpkin curry :)
– 1/4 of a jap pumpkin or any other pumpkin, skin and seeds removed
– 1 onion, sliced
– 2 heaped tablespoons of your favourite Indian curry paste
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 1/2 a can of coconut milk
– 1/2 can of lentils, drained and twice rinsed
– 1/2 a long red chilli, sliced finely, de-seeded if you don’t want any heat
– 1 clove of garlic, smooshed and chopped finely
– 7-10 cherry tomatoes, rinsed.
– 1 cup of baby spinach leaves, rinsed
– coriander, sesame seeds and blanched flaked almonds for serving :)
1. Heat a little oil in a frying pan, throw in your onions and saute for 5minutes on a low-ish heat until soft.
2. Add your curry paste, chilli and garlic and fry off until beautifully fragrant. Add your tomatoes, and reduce until thick. Stir in coconut milk and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Add your pumpkin, and simmer until just soft. Pop in the cherry tomatoes :)
4. Add lentils + spinach, stir well to combine, but be careful not to disrupt the pumpkin too much.
5. Serve hot, garnished with coriander, sesame seeds and almonds.