My all time comfort food list would have to include roast lamb. It’s my favourite roast meat. Because Parker and I have been crook all this week I needed comfort food. Luckily on Labour Day, we found a local fruit shop and butcher open, and I found everything I needed.
– 1.5k lamb roast
– multiple sprigs of fresh rosemary
– 1/2 a head of garlic
– olive oil spray
– sea salt and pepper
– 1cup of vegetable stock
1. Using a sharp knife make slits in the top of the meat about 1cm long and 1cm deep.
2. Slice your garlic, and remove the leaves from your rosemary stalks.
3. Insert a piece of garlic into each slit. Follow this by putting rosemary leaves into the slits too. To make this easier I used the blunt end of skewer to help we wedge them in :) Worked a treat!
4. Lightly spray with olive oil all over and season well with salt and pepper.
5. Place the roast on a roasting rack, so that it’s elevated off the tray – this is so the air can circulate, making for more even heat and cooking.
6. Roast in the oven for 20minutes on high, then crank the heat down to 180*C for an hour. Pour in your cup of stock, onto the tray, to keep the roast moist.
7. Remove the roast after the hour, cover with foil, and rest for 20minutes.
8. Serve with all your favourite roast veggies and gravy :)