This recipe is previously mentioned in Krystals Stolen Breakfast post – but as of today, I updated it. I like change. Especially when it comes to breakfast. Breakfast is possibly my most loathed meal of the day. It’s so boring. Toast is what I would usually eat for brekky, as I am a serial cereal-hater. But, other than a classic bacon and egg brekky, avocado on toast or mushrooms + pecorino cheese on english muffins, I am subject to turkey one egg omelette. I discovered this by complete accident. And it was delicious – oh !! and it’s high protien too, so it’s a great way to kick of your day.
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 100g of shaved turkey meat, from the deli – but if you have leftover turkey meat from a roast, even better
- a small bunch of chives, cut into 2-3cm batons
- 1 length of spring onion, sliced finely
- 1-2 tablespoons of grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- salt & pepper
- oil or butter
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together until fully combined. Add a cracking of cracked pepper and mix again. DON’T add salt as this will dry your eggs out when cooking
2. Heat up a small omellette pan/or a small frying pan until hot.
3. Add a knob of butter, or a dash of oil. Then pour half of your egg mixture into the pan, swirling until you create a uniform circle shape – like if you were making crepes. Keep swirling until you have barely any wet mixture left. Top one side with half of the turkey, half of the batons of chives and some cheese.
4. Gently fold over the clean half of the omelette and carefully remove from the heat onto your plate.
5. Repeat until you have used all of your egg mix.