Parker loves pasta. I think its because there is no real effort involved when eating it. But lately I’ve been experimenting, and so far, this is his favourite.
- 1/4 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into even chunks
- 1/2 a head of broccoli, cut into chunks
- 1/2 an onion, diced very finely
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- 2 cups of chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 and a bit cups of fusilini pasta
- salt & pepper
1. Cook fusilini according to instructions. Drain well and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, add pumpkin and chicken stock, bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer and cook until you can pierce the pumpkin easily without resistance.
3. Using a microwave safe glass dish add 1 cm of water. Chuck in your broccoli. Cover the dish with cling film and poke with a fork several times so that some steam is able to escape. Put in the microwave for 5min on high or until it is just soft.
4. In a small pan, saute the garlic and onion until just soft. Add pumpkin, broccoli, cream and 1 tablespoon of stock. Using a potato masher, smoosh all ingredients together until the sauce resembles a smoothish consistancey. Lumps are totally okay Season with a little salt and pepper
5. Add this to the pasta, stir well, and pour into a small ovenproof dish, cover with cheese and pop into the oven until the cheese is all melty and delicious.