Something different and delicious, a great lite lunch or dinner.
– block of firm tofu
– 2 cloves of crushed garlic
– 1 teaspoon of crushed ginger
– 1 or 2 teaspoons of crushed chilli
– 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, or tamari (wheatfree soy)
– 2 tablespoons of Kecap Manis (sweet soy)
– 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
– 3 teaspoons of oyster sauce
– 1 Lebanese cucumber
– 1 cup of snow peas
– 1 cup of green beans, cut in half
– 1 capsicum, sliced finely
– small handful of rocket
– wedge of lime
1. In a small bowl combine garlic, chilli, ginger, soy sauce, kecap manis, rice wine vinegar and oyster sauce. Set that aside and carefully drain the tofu, gently squeeze excess liquid. Cut into strips about 2cm wide and coat in the marinade. Set aside in the fridge for 30min.
2. Meanwhile prepare veggies, rinse rocket and drain well, rinse snow peas, rinse and cut green beans, slice capsicum into thinnish strips, cut cucumber into strips – you can de-seed the cucumber but I quite like the seeds, they add some texture.
3.In a fry-pan, or small wok, cook the capsicum, green beans and snow peas quickly on a high heat so they retain their firmness. In another fry-pan on a medium to high heat, fry the tofu until a golden brown caramalized colour, turning for about 5 minutes. Make sure to keep a little of the marinade ;)
4. In a large bowl, add all ingredients and about half of the left over marinade, toss well, and serve :D
– Add some soba or vermicelli noodles for something different