This is one of my favourtite recipes. Do not attempt if you don’t like getting your hands dirty
**Pre-heat oven to 170*C
- 1 1/2 cup of fresh or a large tub of ricotta cheese
-1 cup of frozen or fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup of chopped bacon (optional)
- 1 box of instant cannelloni shells
- 2 tins of diced tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic, or a teaspoon of crushed garlic
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- olive oil (or any other oil you desire)
- 3/4 of a good melting tasty cheese
1. Combine the ricotta cheese and spinach in a large mixing bowl. If you are using frozen spinach, make sure to squeeze the excess water from it first.
2. In a pan, on a moderate heat, fry the garlic in some olive oil, then add the bacon and onion and cook until it starts to gain some colour. Turn the heat off and let it cool down before adding it to the ricotta spinach mix.
3. Mix the bacon and onion mix well into the spinach and ricotta mix, when cooled enough add the egg and season with salt and pepper.
4. Lay down a layer of tomatoes, and stuff the cannelloni shells with the mixture. Lay the tubes aligned next to each other and top with remaining tomatoes.
5. Smother with cheese, and chuck it in the oven and bake for 1hour.